Early summer of 1943 will become clear in the German High Command that the war will come to the territory of Germany. In an effort to deploy combat forces the OKW focus on German-speaking populations of the German Alps, specifically in the Tyrolean snipers-Standschutzen (traditional groups of shooters with a history that began around 1400). On 23 August 1944 there 16 Independent battalion on each, town located on both sides of the Tyrolean Alps (Austria and Italy). About 6000 of the more physically fit men form a force of 18000 men were used to help form several police battaglions. A special green triangular cloth shield was worn on the left sleeve of the field blouse. The name of the locality where each of these battalions was raised, was sewn on the cloth shield. A similar patern was even for the traditiona hat.